Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) is a steerable trenchless technology method of installing utilities underground were it is not practical to excavate an open trench. Possible location would include drilling beneath Roads, Railways, Buildings, Trees and Vegetation.
J&S Castlehow has a dedicated team to carry our services such as trenching, directional drilling and cable locating using Ground Penetrating Radar. We have a complete range of equipment to carry out all our own installation and testing work along with the following plant:
- 3x Crane Trucks (1x 4WD Tipper)
- 1x Trenching machine ditchwitch 6510 with backhoe attachment
- 2x Skid Steer Loaders
- 1x Isuzu Elevated Platform
- 6x Excavators – 1.5 – 5 Tonne
- 3x Volvo Prime Movers & Trailers
- 5x Tonne Tipper
- 2x Ditchwitch Directional Drills – 1×2720, 1×1720
- Vacuum truck
Our Horizontal Directional Drilling team are fully trained and able to install pipes sized from 25mm thru to 500mm, of polyethelyne & steel construction. Our equipment is capable of drilling thru even the most challenging of materials, ranging from sand thru to granite.
We are specialist in service installations of the following types:
- Sewer Pipe (Pressure Main)